2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans Released
The 2010 Dietary Guidelines are now available. The 2015 Dietary Guidelines are in the works! They will be posted as soon as they are released!
The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans include 23 Key Recommendations for the general population and six additional Key Recommendations for specific population groups, such as women who are pregnant. Practical tips for consumers to help translate Dietary Guidelines into their lives include:
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals – and choose the foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
For access to the complete version of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, click the following link: Click here for the USDA website