This is the 24th year for the OSU Extension, Diagnostic Walk-Abouts in Greater Cincinnati.
What Is It?
- Professional Training: the Walk-Abouts are for Green Industry professionals (arborists, landscapers, turf managers, nursery managers, etc.)
- Comprehensive: participants look at plants, plant pests, plant diseases, landscape designs, and other points of interest. Discussions focus on plant problem diagnostics, plant health management, plant selection, and sustainable landscape designs.
- Up-to-Date: updates are provided on newly emerging plant health issues (e.g. pest outbreaks, non-native invasives, changes to pesticide labeling, etc.).
- Multi-State: The Greater Cincinnati BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts include diagnostic visits beyond Ohio.
COVID-19 restrictions have completely altered this season's Greater Cincinnati Diagnostic Walk-Abouts.
In light of the COVID-19 restrictions and based on feedback from the current registered participants, we have initiated a "Virtual Walk-About" (VWA) series:
- These will be online Zoom presentations showing what's happening in the landscapes and urban forests in Greater Cincinnati.
- We are setting these up so that participants can truly participate by asking questions and having open discussions.
- You can even share your pictures.
- VWA agenda: 1 1/2 hrs. Presentation – 1 1/2 hrs. Discussion.
- You can participate in "real time," or you can access the recorded version to view at your leisure, or you can do both.
- Monday, July 27, 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm.
- Monday, August 3, 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm. (in place of Mt. Airy Forest Face-to-Face)
- Monday, August 17, 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm.
- Monday, August 31, 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm.
- Monday, September 14, 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm. (in place of Boone County Arboretum Face-to-Face)
- Monday, October 5, 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm. (in place of the Special Larry Hanks Bluegrass-BYGLive!)
Registration and Fee Payment:
There will be a one-time registration fee of $50.00 that covers your participation in the first six monthly BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts. You only pay a one-time fee of $50.00 whether you attend one, two, three, or all six standard Walk-Abouts. If you attend all six, that's $50 for 18 hours of training! Note: A single payment can be used to cover different people attending different sessions.
Fee Payment: You can register online (see below) or by mail (check).
Online Registration (Credit Cards only) CLICK HERE
After paying the registration fee we will send the link for the virtual training.
For More Information on the Walk-Abouts: Joe Boggs firstname.lastname@example.org