This is the 23rd year for the OSU Extension, Diagnostic Walk-Abouts in Greater Cincinnati.
What Is It?
- Professional Training: the Walk-Abouts are for Green Industry professionals (arborists, landscapers, turf managers, nursery managers, etc.) Participants earn ISA Certified Arborist CEUs.
- Comprehensive: participants look at plants, plant pests, plant diseases, landscape designs, and other points of interest. Discussions focus on plant problem diagnostics, plant health management, plant selection, and sustainable landscape designs.
- Hands-On: the training is held outdoors; topics are viewed first-hand.
- Real-World: the Walk-Abouts reflect real-world landscape scouting; anything found on the Walk-Abouts is open for consideration!
- Up-to-Date: updates are provided on newly emerging plant health issues (e.g. pest outbreaks, non-native invasives, changes to pesticide labeling, etc.).
- Multi-State: The Greater Cincinnati BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts include diagnostic visits beyond Ohio.
Times: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Dates and Locations:
Dates and Locations: The six Greater Cincinnati BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts are held once a month on Mondays from April-thru-September. Dates and locations:
- April 15: Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum, 4521 Spring Grove Ave., Cincinnati, 45232
- May 6: Glenwood Gardens [Great Parks of Hamilton County], 10623 Springfield Pike, Woodlawn, 45215 (Location is being finalized).
- June 3: Cincinnati Nature Center, Center for Conservation
- July 8: Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, 3400 Vine St., Cincinnati, 45220 [use the parking lot with the photoelectric panels that's off Vine St.]
- August 5: Mt. Airy Forest & Arboretum, 5083 Colerain Ave., Cincinnati, 45223
- September 9: Boone County Arboretum, 9190 Camp Ernst Road, Union, Kentucky 41091
Registration and Fee Payment:
There will be a one-time registration fee of $50.00 that covers your participation in the first six monthly BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts. You only pay a one-time fee of $50.00 whether you attend one, two, three, or all six standard Walk-Abouts. If you attend all six, that's $50 for 18 hours of training! Note: A single payment can be used to cover different people attending different sessions.
Fee Payment: You can register online (see below) or by mail (check).
Online Registration (Credit Cards only) Click Here
To Register by Mail:
Make checks payable to OSU Extension, Hamilton County, and please note that the payment is for the Southwest Ohio BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-About. Please include your name, or the name(s) of the participants covered by the fee(s) and your email address.
For More Information on the Walk-Abouts: Joe Boggs firstname.lastname@example.org