Join Hamilton County 4-H Volunteer Dean Rettig for a new kind of club.
Register now for the “Investigating Electricity” Virtual Special Interest (SPIN) Club!
Dates: Tuesday & Thursdays June 2, 2020- June 18, 2020
Times: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Going back and forth (galvanometer - AC vs DC)
- The Electric Detective’s Most Important Tool (Intro to Multi-Meter / volt-ohm meter
- To Flow or Not To Flow (conductors vs insulators
- Ohm's Law (water bottle / garden hose demo)
- Decoding Circuit diagrams (Into to Circuit diagrams)
- Case of the Series Circuit - measuring voltages across items in series circuit
- Case of the Parallel Circuit
- Circuit Sense - more complicated circuits diagrams
- Short Circuits
- Making a 3-way switch
- Volt/Ohm meter aka Multi-meter
- AA or D batteries
- battery holder
- paper clips
- 22 or 24 gauge wire
- flashlight bulb
- bulb holder