Greetings 4-H Families, Friends, Members, and Partners! And welcome to 2021!
If you’re like me I know you’re hoping for a relaxed seemingly forgettable year.
Let’s dive right in and get through the important stuff so you are prepared for the next few weeks.
- In the next few days Hamilton County 4-H Club Advisors will be receiving an email with their 2020 4-H Roster. Please review the roster and make sure the years of service are correct and return those by January 14, 2021 so that I can have the information updated for our annual 4-H Awards Celebration (which will be virtual this year) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 6:00PM.
- The Annual Awards Celebration is Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 6:00PM. The event will be broadcast over zoom and rebroadcast on Facebook and YouTube for viewing later.
- Members, Families, Friends and Partners are encouraged to join in and share messages of congratulations, excitement and hope on social media using the #HC4H2021. Viewers are also encouraged to dress up or wear their favorite 4-H gear and show it off using the #HC4H2021.
- Advisors and Volunteers are encouraged to record a short 10 second video telling the members and participants congratulations on completing a very awkward and challenging year of 4-H.
- The Hamilton County 2021 4-H Calendar and Ohio 4-H Calendar have both been posted to the Hamilton.OSU.Edu website. These are living documents and will be updated periodically so, watch for updates.
- You can begin enrolling youth officially on January 18, 2021. Beginning this year members who cross county lines and have a winning 4-H plan will need to fill out those documents annually to help with keeping accurate records and to make sure that our youth are receiving the best experience we can provide. Both forms will be filled out electronically.
- As we turn to 2021 I want to encourage you to think about how you can take care of yourself. What you can do to make your life better. Is it learning a new skill, seeking new employment, trying to find a way to connect across barriers? OSU Extension has resources to help you on your journey. Let us know how we can help you!