Are you a 9th- 12th grade student looking to develop your leadership skills while serving the Hamilton County Community? Apply to be a Hamilton County Jr. Fair Board Member.
OSU Extension and the Hamilton County Fair are partnering to seek applicants for the Jr. Fair Board. Members will serve as leaders and ambassadors for the Hamilton County Fair.
Jr. Fair Board Members will:
• Assist Jr. Fair Species Superintendents.
• Assist in planning and conducting Jr. Fair activities, shows and events.
• Assist in getting the Jr. Fair facilities ready for shows and events.
• Assist judges and ring officials with show ring chores during the fair.
• Attend (monthly) and special meetings and special events of the Jr. Fair Board and department committees.
• Conduct King and Queen Contest- interview, contest, and parades.
• Host an event Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night of fair.
• Assist with Weigh-ins, check-ins, show and sale.
Applications are due on November 20th at 11:59PM. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of December 6-12, 2020. A team building and orientation session will be held on the morning of January 16, 2021 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
At that meeting the youth leaders will work with OSU Extension and the Hamilton County Fair Board to establish the annual calendar of events and begin planning fair activities.
To apply visit: https://go.osu.edu/2021hcjrapp
For more information contact: Tony Staubach, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development at Staubach.email@example.com or call 513-946-8986.