The 2013 Southwest Ohio BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-About
Green Industry Professional Training Series
What Is It? The Walk-Abouts are "hands-on" training events for Green Industry professionals (arborists, landscapers, turf managers, nursery managers, etc.). Participants look at plants, plant pests, plant diseases, landscape designs, and other points of interest at the various locations. Discussions focus on plant selection, plant health management, plant problem diagnostics, learning how to solve plant problems, and the environmental impacts of healthy plants in landscape designs.
Times: 12:00 p.m – 3:00 p.m.
Dates and Locations – Mark Your Calendars! The April-thru-September monthly BYGLive! Diagnostics Walk-Abouts are held on the second Monday of each month; the Special BYGLive! in October will be held on the first Monday. Dates and location for all the Walk-Abouts are:
1) April 8: Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum, 4521 Spring Grove Ave., Cincinnati, 45232
2) May 20: Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, 3400 Vine St., Cincinnati, 45220 [use New Entrance off Vine St.]
3) June 10: Stanley M. Rowe Arboretum, 4600 Muchmore Rd., Indian Hill, 45243
4) July 8: Glenwood Gardens [Hamilton County Park District], 10623 Springfield Pike, Woodlawn, 45215
5) August 12: Mt. Airy Forest & Arboretum, 5083 Colerain Ave., Cincinnati, 45223
6) September 9: Boone County Arboretum, 9190 Camp Ernst Road, Union, Kentucky 41091
Monday, October 7: 16th Annual Bluegrass-Buckeye BYGLive! in Lexington, KY. (will require a separate registration)
Registration Fee: There will be a one-time registration fee of $50.00 that covers your participation in the first six monthly BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-Abouts. You only pay a one-time fee of $50.00 whether you attend one, two, three, or all six standard Walk-Abouts. If you attend all six, that's $50 for 18 hours of training!
Note: A single payment can be used to cover different people attending different sessions.
Fee Payment: You can register online (see below) or by mail (check).
To Register by Mail: Make checks payable to OSU Extension, Hamilton County, and please note that the payment is for the Southwest Ohio BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-About. Please include your name, or the name(s) of the participants covered by the fee(s).
Mail your check to:
The BYGLive! Diagnostic Series
OSU Extension, Hamilton County
110 Boggs Lane
Cincinnati, OH 45246
For a printable schedule of the walkabout dates click here
For More Information on the Walk-Abouts: Joe Boggs (513-260-1474); email@example.com