The 2013 Southwest Ohio BYGLive! Diagnostic Walk-About
Green Industry Professional Training Series
What Is It? The Walk-Abouts are "hands-on" training events for Green Industry professionals (arborists, landscapers, turf managers, nursery managers, etc.). Participants look at plants, plant pests, plant diseases, landscape designs, and other points of interest at the various locations. Discussions focus on plant selection, plant health management, plant problem diagnostics, learning how to solve plant problems, and the environmental impacts of healthy plants in landscape designs.
The 16th Annual Bluegrass-Buckeye BYGLive! will be held on Monday, October 14, 2013, from 10:00 am. – 3:00 pm. at Equus Run Vineyards, 1280 Moores Mill Road, Midway, KY, 40347 (See Driving Directions Below).
The deadline for registering is 1:00 pm., Thursday, October 10.
There is a $15.00 registration fee; the fee will cover the cost of our lunches.
Register by Phone using a Credit Card:
Call Kim Martini at 513-946-8991
Or Julie Crook at 513-946-8998
Register by Mail:
Send your registration fee to (checks payable to "OSU Extension"):
Kim Martini c/o Bluegrass-Buckeye BYGLive!
OSU Extension, Hamilton County
5093 Colerain Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Thanks to our host, Larry Hanks (Pampered Properties, Lexington, KY), this year's Bluegrass-Buckeye BYGLive! will include:
· Research updates and "what's happening" overviews from the University of Kentucky and Ohio State University Extension; topics will include updates from Ohio on Asian longhorned beetle; Thousand Cankers Disease; and other non-native invasives!
· A diagnostic walk-about and diagnostic catharsis (bring samples!).
· A Very Fine Tour of Equus Run Vineyards located in Kentucky's Bluegrass Region: the Vineyard and was voted by CNN Travel as a Must See Hidden Treasure of the US. Check out the Vineyard's website: http://www.equusrunvineyards.com/index.php
Driving Directions to the Bluegrass-Buckeye BYGLive! at :
1. Take I-75 South towards Lexington Kentucky - drive approx.. 66 miles south from the Ohio River.
3. Take a Slight Right onto US-62 W / Cherry Blossom Way; continue to follow US-62.
4. Turn LEFT onto US-62 / Paynes Depot Road.
5. Continue on 62W and cross over I-64.
6. Turn RIGHT onto Moores Mill Rd: travel approx.. 0.2 miles; the Vineyard will be on your left.
For More Information on the Walk-Abouts: Joe Boggs (513-260-1474); email@example.com